Monday, June 26, 2006

It's a bloy!

Well, I decided to go ahead and set up my Blog. You see, I've quit drinking caffeine and eating sugar on a regular basis. I'm not going hardcore (take grape-nuts with me if I go to Six Flags style), but I'm just not drinking coffee or soda at work, and not going to purchase any sugary bits at the market. Well, today we went and ate at Pappa's Pizza. Not only did I have a Dr. Pepper there, the first I have had in several weeks, but we also stopped at Starbucks on the way home and I got a Caramel Macchiato. So now I'm feeling quite wired up, and I thought I'd go ahead and start up my very first Blog!

So a little about my Blog's title, "A Curious Blog". (And yes I left that period outside my quotes on purpose because I like it, and it makes sense to me) . I've always been somewhat of a curious person. I remember once in college I was riding in Jason Newton's car, and he said that I was like a kid because I kept fiddling with his visor, ash trays, cup holders, etc. You know I was just checking out all the nifty gadgets. I took that as a big compliment, usually when someone compares me to a child I do feel complimented. After all, Jesus encouraged us to be like children. I hope this Blog can be curious in many ways. Helping to encourage others to be more curious about life and all the wonder that God has surrounded us with. Or sometimes curious in the sense of being odd or random, which has always been an entertaining way for me to look at the world.

Well, that's the end of my first post, it sure was fun! The first paragraph felt a little like I was doing a commercial with all the brands I put links to. I don't know how consistent I'll be about posting to this, time will tell. For now, good night and God bless!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Great initial post! Here's to being curious!

Request: Fewer advertisements, please. ;-)

Props: Nice paragraphing. Good sensible use of punctuation with brief explanation for anal/curious types (like me). Good reminder of something that Jesus said that is simple to understand or even if it's not simple to understand.

Hope to see many more posts from you in all curious honesty!