Thursday, July 13, 2006

Busy-ness

It's been a busy couple of weeks for me too. I say too because I just got done reading Christina's blog, and she has been very busy. Is that where the word business comes from, because it keeps you busy?

I am now a task leader at work, which is proving to be interesting and challenging too. I am getting asked to do things that I don't know how to do, or have barely heard of, but I have a supportive team and management that is very good out pointing me in the right direction. Task leader is kind of like a promotion you never get :) It's not a new labor grade, or pay raise, but it's increased responsibility over what I was doing. However, I'm not complaining, because it is also the normal progression of advancement at our company... task lead comes before moving on to other things. I am leading a tiny team too (2 of us now), so that means I should be doing plenty of coding, which is what I like best.

I don't know if it is feeling the extra responsibility or what, but the latest I've gone in to work all week is about 6:45! That's early for me, I used to get in between 8:30 and 10:00 :) I like being real busy at work though, and I definitely am right now.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Good to read your post, Jason.

-jason

Noel Green said...

Yeah, extra responsibilities sure make for more motivation. At least when you really care about what it is you've got the new responsibilities in. High school / college for me... nothing. Owning own business, yep... that did it. :)